guix-devel

Re: gcc-4.7 and gcc-4.8 compilation failure in x64

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: gcc-4.7 and gcc-4.8 compilation failure in x64
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 18:39:33 +0000

> Hi Ekaitz
>
> Not that I am in any position to answer the question, but could you
>
> share a little bit more context?
>
> Did the error occur when you were compiling gcc-4.7 or do programs
>
> compiled with this compiler have this issue?
>
> What path led you to gcc-4.7? Can you share your compilation settings? etc..
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Reza

The failure appears on the compilation on the gcc-4.7 and gcc-4.8 packages.

If you make a `manifest.scm` that looks like this:

(use-modules (gnu packages gcc))
(packages->manifest (list gcc-4.7))

And you try to compile that using `guix build -m manifest.scm` the compilation
fails. The same happens when choosing 4.8.

I'm on x64.

Hope that clarifies a little bit.