guix-devel

Re: proposal: address@hidden list/alias

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: proposal: address@hidden list/alias
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 08:17:13 +0200

>> 3. update the Contributing section in the manual (and the website) to
>> suggest Cc-ing guix-mentors@gnu.org for a first contribution.
>
> Maybe instead of manually CC-ing guix-mentor@gnu.org, we could have a
> tiny script on the top of git-send-email which would add X-Debbugs-CC.

I had a similar idea of moving this to the server and triggering an
email notification … but I didn’t want to overcomplicate the initial
proposal.  It would indeed be better if a new contributor didn’t also
have to remember to Cc us.  The email-based workflow is foreign enough
to be confusing already.

--
Ricardo