guix-devel

Re: Repology and outdated packages

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Repology and outdated packages
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 23:32:35 +0200

kiasoc5@disroot.org schreef op di 07-06-2022 om 18:39 [+0000]:
> So without demanding more maintainer time, for now I just convince myself
> that:
> - key toolchains such as Rust and Go are not always up to date, thus blocking
> the
>  upgrade of several packages

In my experience with antioxidant, not-up-to-date Rust toolchains do
not prevent upgrading packages -- in the process of resolving build
failures, I updated some crates.  This never resulted in a ‘you need an
new toolchain error’.  At worst, I had to disable the "unstable",
"nightly" or "generic-simd" features of the crate.

There are a lot of outdated crates in Guix, but AFAICT this is
unrelated to the newness of the toolchain.

I don't know about Go.

Greetings,
Maxime.