guix-devel

Re: On commit access, patch review, and remaining healthy

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: On commit access, patch review, and remaining healthy
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 18:03:04 +0300

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 02:27:44PM +0200, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> thank you for your detailed analysis!

<..snip..>
> I just hope this requirement is refraining people to contribute and to
> review patches.

I'll reword this as "I just hope this requirement isn't preventing
people from contributing and reviewing packages"

> Maybe we could help users not using Emacs with other editor-related
> snippets in [~/src/guix/]etc/snippets? (I don't know other editors
> templating systems)

I'm not using emacs but I've found etc/committer.scm to be quite
helpful, and I'll often rework parts of my workflow so that I can run
:!etc/committer.scm from within vim.

I thought we had a yasnippet plugin for vim packaged, but it seems we
don't yet.

<..snip..>