guix-devel

Re: Release v1.4?

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: Release v1.4?
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 17:47:01 +0200

Hello everyone,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Thanks for the heads-up!  I think merging ‘staging’ should be
> top-priority.  People are welcome to upgrade/reconfigure from it with:

I'm currently running on staging with no bugs to report (x86_64-linux)!

Should we also make use of the point release to remove some deprecated
things/switch some defaults?  I'm thinking of:
* removing the swap-devices deprecation warning and compatibility code;
* removing the bootloader-configuration-target warning and compatibility
code;
* switching gdm-configuration-wayland? to #t, so that the OOB experience
with Wayland sessions is better.

All of those have roughly been in Guix for ~6 months, so it would seem
fair to me to move on.  There may be many other deprecations that we
could remove, but those are the ones I'm aware of, feel free to add your
own :)

I have patches for the 3 above, if we agree to move on with this (with a
NEWS entry for the third).

WDYT?
--
Josselin Poiret