guix-devel

Re: Teams: first draft list

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Teams: first draft list
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 09:59:50 +0200

Hi simon,

> Here below a collection of answers.  The teams are more or less.  Maybe,
> we could join some for having another structure.  WDYT?

Thank you for the initiative!  I had been meaning to go through the
all the work already.  Thanks!

Now the question is merely how to represent and present this.  It’s not
a bad idea to have the team associations in the repository so that we
can present the data on the website and also use it with our tools to
notify the right people.  It wouldn’t help with keeping mailing aliases
on fencepost up to date, though.

I also wonder about how / if we should notify teams about relevant
patches.  Will contributors Cc the relevant teams or will we have team
predicates, e.g. a procedure that spits out the appropriate teams when
given a patch?

--
Ricardo