guix-devel

Re: Teams: first draft list

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Teams: first draft list
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:19:06 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 09:59, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> I also wonder about how / if we should notify teams about relevant
> patches.  Will contributors Cc the relevant teams or will we have team
> predicates, e.g. a procedure that spits out the appropriate teams when
> given a patch?

We discussed about tools to achieve that.  IMHO, the first step is to
expose such list; on the website? in the repo?  and update the node
«Submitting Patches» to point on the website or repo or else.

Then maybe, we could hook Mumi and add regexps based on commit messages
for notifying a specific team.  Well, it is a rough approximation with
many false-positive but hey the aim is to deal with patches so these
false-positive do not matter, IMHO.

We have not discussed how we maintain the list of team; we can discuss
later.

Cheers,
simon