guix-devel

Re: On commit access, patch review, and remaining healthy

From: Munyoki Kilyungi
Subject: Re: On commit access, patch review, and remaining healthy
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:19:57 +0300

[...]

>>   * Over all for me debbugs.el needs a much more "noops"-friendly
>>   interface
>
> Well, I think ’public-inbox’ could help.  An instance is:
>
>     https://yhetil.org/guix-patches/
>
> where using lei, you can filter and receive to your inbox the patches.
> For example, ’lei’ allows to filter (and thus follow), e.g., let query
> for the patches submitted the last 3 months to
> ’gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm’ touching R packages,

Another less known alternative that may be useful
is to set up a local NNTP server (like say
LeafNode[0]), and subscribe to patches on GNUs (or
any other newsreader interface you find
comfortable).  That's what I've done with
mailing-lists.  I'm yet to work out how to
incorporate NotMuch for a better search
experience.

[0] https://www.techrepublic.com/article/news-with-leafnode/

[...]

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

--
Munyoki Kilyungi
D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F (hkp://keys.gnupg.net)