guix-devel

Re: Teams: first draft list

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Teams: first draft list
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 12:28:33 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:
>
>> Now the question is merely how to represent and present this.  It’s not
>> a bad idea to have the team associations in the repository so that we
>> can present the data on the website and also use it with our tools to
>> notify the right people.
>
> Mathieu suggested that we have a team file in guix.git, which would
> allow us to eventually write tools like ‘get-tutors.scm’ as Mathieu
> calls it.

Attached is a draft etc/teams.scm, which defines teams, their members,
and procedures to fetch a relevant subset of the information.

An example:

   ./pre-inst-env guile --no-auto-compile -l etc/teams.scm -c '(cc r core)'

This prints “git send-email” arguments to Cc members of the R and Core
teams when a patch is received by Debbugs.

Another example:

   ./pre-inst-env guile --no-auto-compile \
     -l etc/teams.scm -c '(list-teams)' | recsel -p name,members

I haven’t defined any other members yet, because I think it’s better for
people to do this by themselves to avoid adding people who don’t
actually want to be a member of any team.

--
Ricardo