guix-devel

Re: Can't install wine, curl build fails at 'check' stage

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Can't install wine, curl build fails at 'check' stage
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 14:25:43 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 02 Jul 2022 at 10:18, Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> wrote:

> I don't know why this is occurring.  "guix install curl" installs curl
> 7.79.1, but "guix install wine" tries to install curl 7.84.0, and fails.

I do not know why it fails for you.  The substitute is available:

    https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1083905/details

> Yes, "guix weather curl" says me that substitutes are available.

Hum, looking more closely,

$ guix graph wine64 | grep curl
  "139723464965392" [label = "curl@7.79.1", shape = box, fontname = sans];
$ guix graph --path wine64 curl
wine64@7.8
gst-plugins-base@1.18.5
graphene@1.10.6
git-minimal@2.33.1
curl@7.79.1

but,

(define-public curl
  (package
   (name "curl")
   (version "7.79.1")
   (replacement curl-7.84.0)

[...]

;; Replacement package with fixes for multiple vulnerabilities.
;; See <https://curl.se/docs/security.html>.
(define curl-7.84.0
  (package
    (inherit curl)
    (version "7.84.0")

And I do not know exactly which ’curl’ is thus considered.

Well, in any case, it fetches the substitutes,

$ guix time-machine --commit=81cf674              \
     -- build  --no-grafts                        \
        -e '(@@ (gnu packages curl) curl-7.84.0)'

and it builds fine for me,

$ guix time-machine --commit=81cf674              \
     -- build  --no-grafts                        \
        -e '(@@ (gnu packages curl) curl-7.84.0)' \
        --check

What is the output of these two commands for you?

Idem for the other curl@7.79.1.

Cheers,
simon