guix-devel

Re: Shall updaters fall back to other updaters?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Shall updaters fall back to other updaters?
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 14:33:04 +0200

Am 03.07.22 um 17:11 schrieb Kaelyn:
To me, this feels like the importers will need a more deterministic order
imposed on them to get import results that are consistent across systems. HTH!

Many thanks for your analysis.

Meanwhile it came to my mind that I actually have different installations of guix which I can compare, Below are three installations. each one has a different order (these are actually different versions of guix with different importers/updaters, anyhow the order should be the same):

stackage pypi opam minetest launchpad kde hexpm hackage gnome github
generic-git gem elpa egg crate bioconductor cran cpan savannah
generic-html gnu-ftp sourceforge xorg kernel.org gnu

stackage pypi opam minetest launchpad kde hackage gnome github
generic-git gem elpa egg crate cran bioconductor cpan kernel.org
sourceforge gnu generic-html gnu-ftp xorg savannah

stackage pypi opam minetest launchpad kde hackage gnome github
generic-git gem elpa egg crate bioconductor cran cpan sourceforge
generic-html gnu-ftp savannah xorg kernel.org gnu

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |