guix-devel

Re: guix refresh to a specific version?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: guix refresh to a specific version?
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 16:06:12 +0200

Am 30.06.22 um 13:58 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
Excellent. If you want, you can ping me for early comments on the
<updater> API for this.

Thanks for offering this, I appreciate.

I pushed my current working state to wip-import-version. The branch also contains some patches from bug56295 (Add some Chicken eggs and fix egg importer) and bug56318 (Fix github updater).

Basic ideas

 * Add a keyword argument „version“ to all “latest-X-release” functions
   and eventually pass it on to called functions.
 * Minimal changes

Here is a list of updaters and packages to test the import-specific-version:

+crate: rust-sequoia-openpgp@1.7.0
+egg: testing requires new packages (see bug56295),
      changing version of “chicken-args” to 1.6.0 in chicken.scm and
      test updating to chicken-args@1.6.1
+generic-git (import/git): remmina@1.4.25
+generic-html (gnu-maintenance): xclock@1.1.0
+github: libwacom@1.12
+gnome: gtk@4.6.2
+gnu (gnu-maintenance): help2man@1.49.1
+gnu-ftp (gnu-maintenance): libgpg-error@1.43
+hexpm: testing requires changing version in erlang.scm
       erlang-relx to 4.5.0 and test updating to erlang-relx@4.6.0
+kde: plasma-framework@5.93.0
+kernel.org (gnu-maintenance) = html: iw@5.3
+launchpad: testing requires changing version in terminals.scm
           sakura to 3.8.0 and testing upate to sakura@3.8.3
+pypi: trytond-party@6.2.0
+savannah (gnu-maintenance) = html: libpipeline@1.5.4
+xorg (gnu-maintenance) = ftp : libxi@1.7.99.2

These updaters report an error that they can't update to a specific version, if a version is given:

?bioconductor (cran.scm) -- repo supports latest version only
?cran -- repo supports latest version only
          old version available in
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/PACKAGENAME
-cpan  --- no version, not recursive
-elm  -- no updater
-elpa  --- no version
-gem  --- no version
-hackage  --- no version
-minetest  --- no version
-opam  --- no version
-sourceforge (gnu-maintenance) -- to complicated
-json  -- n/a
-texlive  --- no version, not recursive, no updater

Not yet implemented — unclear how to handle:

# stackage  --- LTS version

Still missing:

 * Finishing commit messages
 * Documentation?
 * For the final commit, I'll squash the commits.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |