guix-devel

Synchronizing the Disarchive databases

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Synchronizing the Disarchive databases
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:22:07 +0200

Hello Timothy,

While digging an old Linux-libre tarball, I was reminded that
disarchive.guix.gnu.org only has data for relatively recent tarballs,
whereas your database at disarchive.ngyro.com goes back further.  For
instance, it has this tarball from Guix 1.0.1:

https://disarchive.ngyro.com/sha256/ef660bd55e69b8483bfa9d5fb115872c1158757f21df7230314c1b2f7bdb1f14

How could we copy the contents of disarchive.ngyro.com to Guix infra?

For the record, currently there are two copies of
disarchive.guix.gnu.org, one on berlin (Germany) and one on bayfront
(Bordeaux, France), which the latter rsyncs daily from the former:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/bayfront.scm#n172

It’s quite small:

ludo@berlin ~$ du -h /gnu/disarchive
247M    /gnu/disarchive/sha256