guix-devel

Re: Advanced network configuration

From: Alexey Abramov
Subject: Re: Advanced network configuration
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:21:17 +0200

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Sundberg <ryan@arctype.co> writes:

> Hi Alexy, are you running netplan under Guix? I would find it useful
> to have a service using a netplan config, bypassing the guile-based
> networking service for such advanced use cases as you mention.

No, I have never tried to do this actually. Netplan does support
NetworkManager as a backend. Maybe it is possible.

However, I would love to use a regular Guix service for that.
guile-netlink with some small changes [1], can be used to build such a
configuration.

I haven't implemented all the bond features, yet. Right now, I am
looking for ways to implement tests.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://gitlab.com/Levenson/guile-netlink/-/tree/wip-bonding

--