guix-devel

Re: elogind configuration

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: elogind configuration
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 12:28:25 +0200

Hi Antonio!

Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior 写道:
I do not know why but "suspend" stopped working on my computer
after a recent upgrade (pull & reconfigure).

Do you still have a working system generation to compare?

Does suspending without elogind work? E.g., using the more reliable

 ~ λ echo "mem" | sudo tee /sys/power/state # or "freeze"

user interface.

Is anything interesting logged (in ‘sudo dmesg’, or the aggregate /var/log/messages) when it fails?

If all else fails, try reconfiguring and rebooting with an older kernel, e.g.,

 (use-modules (gnu packages linux) …)
 (operating-system
   …
   (kernel linux-libre-5.15)
   …)

I was hoping that configuring suspend-state variable to "freeze" instead of the
defaults could eventually fix my issue.

I know you probably know this, but I must point out for the archives that this drains your battery (and/or wallet) faster.

/run/current-system/profile/etc/elogind/logind.conf

What made you find/look at this file? It's not used. I don't know why it exists.

You can view the configuration file of the currently running elogind with

~ λ sudo grep -0a ELOGIND_CONF_FILE /proc/$(pgrep elogind)/environ

Kind regards,

T G-R