guix-devel

Re: elogind configuration

From: Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior
Subject: Re: elogind configuration
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:57:58 +0200

Hello Tobias,

thanks for your answer,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Do you still have a working system generation to compare?

Yes, I will check an old generation, at the end this is one of the
reasons guix is great.

> Does suspending without elogind work?  E.g., using the more reliable
>
>  ~ λ echo "mem" | sudo tee /sys/power/state # or "freeze"

Oh, I tried something similar but I couldn't make it work. I tried your
recipe with "freeze" and it works nicely!

> user interface.
>
> Is anything interesting logged (in ‘sudo dmesg’, or the aggregate
> /var/log/messages) when it fails?

I will investigate further.

> If all else fails, try reconfiguring and rebooting with an older
> kernel, e.g.,
>
>  (use-modules (gnu packages linux) …)
>  (operating-system
>
>    (kernel linux-libre-5.15)
>    …)

yep.

> I know you probably know this, but I must point out for the archives
> that this drains your battery (and/or wallet) faster.

This is a desktop computer I use at home. My objective is to save (some)
energy. This is preferable than nothing. But I think I will choose
another kernel version instead or investigate further.

>> /run/current-system/profile/etc/elogind/logind.conf
>
> What made you find/look at this file?  It's not used.  I don't know
> why it exists.

Oh, I was on the wrong track. :)

> You can view the configuration file of the currently running elogind
> with
>
>  ~ λ sudo grep -0a ELOGIND_CONF_FILE /proc/$(pgrep   elogind)/environ

yes now I see elogind is correctly configured and working as expected!
I think I needed to reboot after system reconfigure or whatever.

Thank you again!

Best regards,
--
Antonio Carlos PADOAN JUNIOR