guix-devel

Re: Release progress, week 3

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: Release progress, week 3
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 10:04:13 -0700

On 2022-10-27, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Release progress: week 3.
>   • Architectures:
>
>      - powerpc64le-linux builds are back behind ci.guix, thanks to
>        Tobias!
>      - armhf-linux: No progress so far.

Not sure where this fits into the release process, but I uploaded a git
snapshot to Debian of guix from commit
c07b55eb94f8cfa9d0f56cfd97a16f2f7d842652 ... ppc64le still has not built
yet, and it has the same test suite failures on two 32-bit architectures
(i386 and armhf):

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=guix&arch=armhf&ver=1.3.0%2B26756.c07b5-1&stamp=1666838910&raw=0

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=guix&arch=i386&ver=1.3.0%2B26756.c07b5-1&stamp=1666825176&raw=0

Testsuite summary for GNU Guix 1.3.0.26756-c07b5
# TOTAL: 2286
# PASS:  2002
# SKIP:  274
# XFAIL: 4
# FAIL:  6
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

All 6 of the failures have the same error:

test-name: channel-news, no news
actual-error:
+ (git-error
+   #<<git-error> code: -1 message: "invalid version 0 on git_proxy_options"
class: 3>)
result: FAIL

Would love to figure out these issues in time for release!

Good news is it built reproducibly (at least on amd64; i386, armhf and
arm64 pending):

  https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/guix.html

This is partly because the Debian package works around
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/20272 by disabling parallelism in the
build. Sure would be nice if guix was reproducible when built with Guix
too!

live well,
  vagrant