guix-devel

Re: Maybe a way to get a few more developpers to work on Guix ?

From: Nicolas Graves
Subject: Re: Maybe a way to get a few more developpers to work on Guix ?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:15:03 +0200

On 2023-06-23 09:02, pinoaffe wrote:

> Nicolas Graves via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution."
> <guix-devel@gnu.org> writes:
>
> In other words, I don't think a LLM could make it easier/faster to write
> package definitions.

I mostly agree, what might be useful however would be the capacity to
propose and re-test a patch series that fails on a very common / easy to
fix error (a forgotten input, a type of error which usually means the
test has to be disabled (network access... )) or that could
improve a patch series (fixing linting warnings, improving commit or
package description). In other words, helping the review process for
guix commits which I think is one of the points where it can be improved
substantially.

Maybe a workflow like "get the patch series to evaluate on
qa.guix.gnu.org" --> "if there are linting warnings or errors, process
the logs and make a useful default answer for the patch sender / or a
new patch series proposition" might help.

I'm just suggesting because I've seen the opportunity ;)

--
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves