guix-devel

Re: Building from git

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: Building from git
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:18:30 +0200

> guix shell -D guix --pure
>
> [...]
>
> Then if I run make authenticate as stated in the documentation it
> fails with the error: guix: command not found.

It appears you were still within the guix shell spawned with the first
command when you tried to run `make authenticate`. Guix was not
available inside that shell.

You should `exit` from the running bash session and then run `make
authenticate`. Afterwards you can enter the development shell once
again with `guix shell -D guix --pure`.

Or, you can instead try adding guix to the shell you're spawning, with

    guix shell -D guix guix --pure

I think this will work but haven't checked myself

> Have a nice day

You too :) Happy Hacking!
Wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A
follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile

♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ==
✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8=
-- (sig_end)