guix-devel

Re: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.

From: Apoorv
Subject: Re: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 13:10:43 +0100 (CET)

Sorry, this is my first time using some mailing list.

I tried using `--container` and `--emulate-fhs` first it doesn't seem to use `guix.scm` automatically I have to specify it using `--file=guix.scm`. Second, the container is missing so much more stuff like cargo for example.

This is my own project in Rust lang, I basically define `guix.scm` for all my projects since I started using Guix.

--
Sent with Tuta; enjoy secure & ad-free emails:
https://tuta.com

Dec 30, 2023, 03:10 by maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com:
Hi,

Apoorv <apoorvs@tuta.io> writes:
There are a lot of libs that need to be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
my project to compile successfully. I do have gcc-toolchain added in
the guix.scm file. I had to do a lot of trickery for the shell
environment to work for me properly, using direnv,

[...]

Did you try the 'guix shell --container --emulate-fhs' trick I suggested
earlier? I guess it should just work. What is it that you are
building/attempting to run?

Also, please keep guix-devel@gnu.org and participants in CC, so that
everyone can follow/participate (the easiest way to do so is to "wide
reply" from your email client).

--
Thanks,
Maxim