guix-devel

Re: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.

From: Apoorv
Subject: Re: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:14:46 +0100 (CET)

OK, it was my bad I had an older copy of guix.scm file I was passing that, it didn't have cargo-build-system. But now I'm getting so many other errors related to cargo deps missing or version mismatch, I tried adding those deps spent like 1-2 hours but something dep was still missing or version mismatch, finally I gave up. I'm not sure how many deps I have to add like this.. this is getting way to complicated then it needs to be.

--
Sent with Tuta; enjoy secure & ad-free emails:
https://tuta.com

Jan 2, 2024, 16:33 by maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com:
Hi,

Apoorv <apoorvs@tuta.io> writes:
I can add rust:cargo but the package definition in the guix.scm is already using `cargo-build-system` shouldn't it include rust and cargo etc automatically?

It should, but if it doesn't you may want to review how rust:cargo input
gets added to the cargo-build-system; perhaps it's done in a ad-hoc
fashion that causes that problem.

--
Thanks,
Maxim