gzz-dev

[Gzz] tjl (21th-22th)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] tjl (21th-22th)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:42:39 +0300

Not too much work time this weekend.

Looked a little on texture performance, in view of the upcoming demos.
It seems I was badly wrong: TEXTURE_BASE_LEVEL *DOES* have a big effect.
It was something quite different I was seeing, probably, related to a
really strange (apparent) driver bug with NVIDIA (of course, you all now
know what happened when I last said that).

So, it appears that the current demo is more vertex than fill / texture
-limited,
which of course means that we need to start using vertex arrays (or CVAs) and
speed
up the distortion code. One big speedup is of course not redoing the same
distortion
at different times.

        Tuomas