gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Canonical blocks

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Canonical blocks
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:35:02 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> However, I cannot complete my task as set forth in TODO, because there
> is no gzz.client.Synch class and therefore no way to sync with the
> repository on himalia. So, I cannot even get the blocks, much less
> create new, canonicalized blocks from them, or anything.
>
> I'll move my TODO task to "anybody", because I'm not able to complete it.

For a while, the only way to sync Mediaserver has been rsync.  rsync is
used through Makefile targets sync and sync-private, which now skip Synch
and simply copy updated blocks. We need Synch back when we begin saving
editable data (alpha4, said Tuomas). Also for now, all the pools must have
property dirstorer.maxlen>82 as rsync can't change the names.

I added the canonicalized blocks to the private pool, but haven't tested
them with genimages.pl et co.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden