gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Canonical blocks

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Canonical blocks
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:06:32 +0200

Tuukka Hastrup wrote:

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
However, I cannot complete my task as set forth in TODO, because there is no gzz.client.Synch class and therefore no way to sync with the repository on himalia. So, I cannot even get the blocks, much less create new, canonicalized blocks from them, or anything.

I'll move my TODO task to "anybody", because I'm not able to complete it.

For a while, the only way to sync Mediaserver has been rsync.  rsync is
used through Makefile targets sync and sync-private, which now skip Synch

*Which now skip Synch* is the important point of course ;-)

and simply copy updated blocks. We need Synch back when we begin saving
editable data (alpha4, said Tuomas). Also for now, all the pools must have property dirstorer.maxlen>82 as rsync can't change the names.

Actually we can probably get rid of dirstorer.maxlen: I've read that MRJ (Java for MacOS non-X) supports long filenames now...

I added the canonicalized blocks to the private pool, but haven't tested them with genimages.pl et co.

Great!

- Benja