gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/pegboard 1008/PEG_1008.rst 1009/PEG_

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/pegboard 1008/PEG_1008.rst 1009/PEG_100...
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:21:46 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

Ok, maybe the problem is that you're now thinking of scaling the coordinate
system as scaling the image. This not the point here. The point is that
coordinate systems give everything coordinates but the rendering code
decides what to do with them.

Ok, I'll try to see it from that perspective.

But then, in the fisheye case, if I draw a rectangle, why's it *distorted* in the end? I mean, it's just taking four points; they may not yield a rectangle when connected, but the lines should be straight, not distorted? -- Yet, if this is the case, the fisheye doesn't really fulfill its purpose, does it?

But basically, the point is that we've had these semantics in gl earlier (the scale defines the size of things, esp. boxes), and it was so difficult to work with. I simply don't want to continue working in this system.

- Benja