gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-12-03 (uml)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-12-03 (uml)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:59:04 +0200

> I think, I'll write next more to those pegs about enhancing Views
> (stretching cells, replacing connections). Probably there is also need to
> generalize VanishingViews BFRaster. I'll also make diagrams from
> VanishingView, since those seem to help me to understand.

Excellent.

> Currently I don't seem to have anything critical to made for Alpha4
> in TODO.

There's very little left, except fixing the failures I get for TextVob ;)
Mostly me fixing demos, making the movies and Tuukka and Vegai to do
distro-related stuff.

> Although, I have a lot to do with gzz.view, but I suppose
> Views work well enough for Alpha4 already.

Yes, views are definitely complete for alpha4.

> Still, I'd like to
> continue with that...

Fine with me - you've done a lot of "grunt work" with textvob et al,
time to do something more interesting.

> Tuomas wrote that textvob.test fails. I can't make it fail, neither
> on my home nor work computer... neither with AWT nor GL. (hmm.. did
> I use neither...nor right, or was that a double negation ?-)
> Anybody else?
>
> 13:23 @<tuomasl> humppake: minulla failaa awt+gl:ssä 13:23 @<tuomasl>
>                  TextVob width & height
> 13:24 @<tuomasl> äh, ERROR: Tests that TextVob is
>                  drawn with the width and height
> 13:24 @<tuomasl> ((255, 0, 0), [255.0, 53.42105224728584,
>                  53.42105224728584, 255.0], ':', 165, 100, 10, 19)
> 13:24 @<tuomasl> tuo siis gl:stä
>
> According to that error, there was problem with scaling :/ The text
> was drawn too big - at least too wide. It could also be, that the test
> is still "too accurate" / "not robust enough".

Yes, that could well be; especially with AWT, the text may be wildly different
sizes depending on monitor resolution.

Hmm... I'm getting some boxes in the output -- locale problem?

        Tuomas