gzz-dev

[Gzz] Fwd: Re: [p2p-hackers] P2P scalable simulator

From: hemppah
Subject: [Gzz] Fwd: Re: [p2p-hackers] P2P scalable simulator
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:44:14 +0200

Hi,

This *might* be useful for us in the future (perhaps also in my thesis ;)...

-Hermanni

----- Forwarded message from Sam Joseph <address@hidden> -----
    Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:03:33 +0900
    From: Sam Joseph <address@hidden>
 Subject: Re: [p2p-hackers] P2P scalable simulator
      To: address@hidden

Hi Vasilios,

I'm not sure what your reasonable hard ware requirements are.  The
NeuroGrid simulator (which simulates Gnutella, Freenet and NeuroGrid
networks, and is extendable to others) tries to be as scalable as possible.

Currently I run a 10,000 node network with three documents in each node,
and max 60 connections per node in about 300 Megs of RAM.  I would
certainly like to improve on this.  I am currently running million node
networks but at prohibitive cost in terms of RAM.  I would be very
interested to try and work together to improve the memory footprint.

You can check out the NeuroGrid simulator at:

http://www.neurogrid.net/php/simulation.php

CHEERS> SAM