gzz-dev

[Gzz] Buoy geometry, third version

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Buoy geometry, third version
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:32:02 +0200

Ok, gfx/demo/vpbuoy now contains Cg code for a buoy geometry which, to me, seems
to be getting closer to the right one.

The basic idea of using pencils of lines (pencil = set of lines crossing in a
point),
but instead of two we use three, the third one crossing at the horizontal ideal
point
(i.e. horizontal, non-crossing lines for those people still thinking in
Euclidean
terms ;) ;)

When outside the circle, the horizontal lines are used, offsetting the points
slightly to
left or right, and when inside, the buoys are projected.

The radius of the circle onto which they are projected is somewhat smaller for
the points closer
to the center.

Of course, there's still some adjustment to do; there are some discontinuities.
But nothing
that can't be handled. Check it out and give your opinions.

        Tuomas