gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-09 (PersonalJava)

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-09 (PersonalJava)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:13:43 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:17:25PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

Sorry that I didn't reach to office today, and couldn't  ask about
headsets. I think I'll leave this PDA for a while and continue for UML
tool tomorrow. Of course I still have to try to install e.g. Linux-Vr and
test if it runs regual JAVA and GZZ faster than CE runs Personal Java :)

Almost certainly: MS doesn't like Java ("knife the baby,...")

That's an overstatement. For a long time, MS' VM was the best VM under Windows to run Java 1.1 things with; and weird incompatibilities between Javas are by no means limited to Microsoft!

Granted, but weird, INTENTIONAL incompatibilities most certainly are.

Intentional, granted! Weird, uh, I've seen weirder things relating to key bindings. ;-) (Recent example: On Kaffe, 0.8 would only react to things like Tab and Enter, but not one-character keys. It turned out to be an interaction between Gzz caching events and Kaffe re-using KEY_PRESSED event objects as KEY_TYPED events, internally.)

Anyway, I remember Rauli showing it to me on an Ipaq and it animated
reasonably smoothly, even.

Not on Kaffe? The version I saw on the iPaq ran on Kaffe and Linux...

But aaaanyways. Doesn't matter all that much :)

-b.