gzz-dev

[Gzz] Asko 2002-01-09 (PersonalJava)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-09 (PersonalJava)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:03:02 +0200 (EET)

8h workday
 - Got GZZ 0.6 run on Casio Cassiopeio under Windows CE and
   Personal Java 1.1

   I finally compiled GZZ under Windows using Sun's JDK 1.1
   and don't know yet was the compiling platform crucial.
   At least it shouldn't be, but you newer know about WinCE?
   I tried to compile once under Linux usin Sun's JDK 1.1
   Debian package, but couldn't get it work.

   Anyway, it appeared to be quite unusable :( Even with only
   one 240x240 Window one step last a few seconds with no
   animation. Somehow I could enter only uppercase letters when
   most of the keybinding of course didn't work. One more strange
   thing was that if I tried to use existing structure, it always
   created a new structure. I couldn't test committing because of
   that only-uppercase typing problem.

   So, at least GZZ 0.6 can be run using Personal Java. I also
   tested it successfully with Personal Java emulator and checked
   the classes using javacheck. I got some "optional errors" about
   java.io -package. It means that following classes are optional
   in Personal Java 1.1. spesification:
       * java.io.File
       * java.io.FileInputStream
       * java.io.FileNotFoundException
       * java.io.FileOutputStream
       * java.io.FileReader
       * java.io.FileWriter
       * java.io.FilenameFilter
       * java.io.RandomAccessFile
    Sun's Personal Java I used with Cassiopeia implemented
    java.io-package fully. About Nokia Communicator's implementation
    I don't know.

Sorry that I didn't reach to office today, and couldn't  ask about
headsets. I think I'll leave this PDA for a while and continue for UML
tool tomorrow. Of course I still have to try to install e.g. Linux-Vr and
test if it runs regual JAVA and GZZ faster than CE runs Personal Java :)

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/