gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] [Gzz-commits] gzz/gzz/view LinebrokenCellContentView.java (fwd

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] [Gzz-commits] gzz/gzz/view LinebrokenCellContentView.java (fwd)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:33:57 +0200

> >>Why not pass it to the vob?
> >

> >Because then *every* vob needs that option. Probably not what we want ;)
>
> Well, we want to:
> - have different colors for cell background, border, text and lines
> (optionally)

However, most of those are different Vobs, right?

> - have some cells colored differently to indicate something (optionally)

Yes, color is a parameter somewhere. But for Vobs it's too low-level, I think.

> - have some runs of text colored differently to indicate something

Yes, definitely. Once we have that.

> ...and so on.

> Any vob can have zero (e.g. raster image) or many colors assigned.

Yes, the point is to cater for the common case of one foreground color,
and for the other cases you can put the color into the Vob as a parameter.

> I believe that just giving the color to each vob is really
> straight-forward.

Yes, straightforward, but HORRIBLY CLUTTERY! I don't want every low-level
Vob that draws something to have a color parameter!

> I also believe that stateful graphics interfaces give
> you headaches.

And ones where everything is specified everywhere give bad performance :(

        Tuomas