gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Simple Storm again

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Simple Storm again
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:04:08 +0300 (EEST)

(postponed this while doing other things, just noticed the clarification
from Tuomas but am sending anyhow .. even though most of the content is
also otherwise irrelevant, there are just some points i want to remember
(about himalia etc).

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

> > Couple of clarifications and questions below, will accept once
> > these are resolved.
> Actually, my reading of the now-accepted and implemented
> project_split--tjl is that I will, not you :-)

so it seems, "PEG 201 shall be changed so that the respective maintainers
of each package have the final words on things.", haven't checked 201
(tech. problems) tho but this says it anyhow. probably the sensible way.

before could read the peg, wrote: as we are talking about Fenfire Storm,
and Tuomas manages Fenfire, is there some overall authority that reaches
Storm as well, possibly overriding yours there? of course there must be
consensus anyhow but you just got me thinking there about the principle,
theoretically. but it is quite clearly stated that the answer is: no. or?
well of course so that Tuomas approves the maintainers.

btw, the tech. probs were that tried to check the reference but
http://himalia.it.jyu.fi/gzzdoc/pegboard/projectsplit--tjl/ is empty, but
luckily could reach one of my checkouts (that machine's behind this same
firewall, got it back last week after it had missed power for weeks..)
which could update.

> But you could indicate whether the last minor changes are satisfactory.

seemed sensible to me, if i took it right that implementation may proceed
now and the difficult remaining issues can be continuously worked on.

> - Benja

~Toni