gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] ``canon3_file_format``: A canonical, N3-based file format

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Gzz] ``canon3_file_format``: A canonical, N3-based file format
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:51:22 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 04:14:21PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> > Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> > >Could there be problems with case of the fragment identifier as well? And
> > >should we require some canonicalization of the URIs?
> >
> > No. Our job is to serialize an RDF graph canonically, so that we're
> > later able to unserialize it to the same graph. Canonicalizing URIs
> > would mean changing the graph.
>
> It'd probably be worth making this an ISSUE in the PEG.

I'm probably not familiar enough with URI details, but this seems like an
issue to be kept in mind. Whether a program derives a URL or a user enters
it, there might be two slashes instead of one, a slash missing from the
end, "www" missing from the hostname etc.

I think libraries usually keep URIs in the string format, so changes
should happen only if the URI is derived for some reason.