gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Mediaserver / Storm

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Mediaserver / Storm
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:48:55 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 04:05:09PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

Hi all,

I'll move Mediaserver onto a branch of the Storm CVS. Until the switch is complete, simply use the code from the 'mediaserver' branch.

In the future, could we do these revolutions the other way, so that the default
branch is always, although unstable, a relatively *useful* unstable branch?

Actually, the problem here was that the code I expected to port *was* useful. I guess in that sense the proper thing would have been:

- Move Mediaserver onto branch
- Move Storm code into trunk
- Split off branch for the change to simple_storm

;-)

The problem was that I misunderestimated[*] the difficulty in moving to simple_storm--benja. Basically, I agree with you.

- Benja

[*] "Dubya" (G.W.Bush) speak