gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG content_handler

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG content_handler
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:34:35 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Issue: would it be appropriate to PEG something in alph about media types?
> E.g. separating
> an enfilade into parts of different media types is pretty generic.

No, it's "multicontent"'s job to handle it properly.

Or...

I discussed with Janne about this and he raised a good question (again):

  - What is text primitive?

In future everyone should use hypertext, xanalogical links and such.
So is cursive, bolding, font size primitives also? What's defined to be
text?

If original is just text and immutable can someone make lie tabloid from
it, with text sizes etc.,  and say that it's original so what have I done
wrong? Of course now we can check the origin and say that it doesn't
really say that.

Well, an old scenario, I'll got at year 2004 an email from someone from
this group and it contains just one enfilade:

"""
  blaa lbaa blaa...
  ..ibsum bara blump...

  ..did you saw last days Newsweek?
  [and a piece of content of that newsweek]

  .blaa blaa balaa..

      someone
"""

Is this right? Do we have only enfilade if newsweek content has got
pictures? Can enfilade have multiple media types in content?

> Issue: how does this interact with Benja's structured graphics stuff? I think
> that might
> be well worth considering here.

I don't know. Next clip tells only about content and I don't know how it
is specified:

>From Benja's proposal for new vob system:
> In the new system, we could use: a WrapperVob, which renders three vobs
> (background, content, border); and a MarginVob, which puts a margin
> around another vob. Then we could write something like,
>
>     v = WrapperVob(bg, MarginVob(content, 5), border);
>
> This is already a more structured approach, but we could make this into
> something along the lines of,
>
>     box = WrapperVob(bg, MarginVob(null, 5), border)
>     v = box.cloneContentReplaced(content)

Is content RDFNode or enfilade or what?

This example didn't tell much about the sizes what's of course important.
I think we can discus about this better when Benja is here.

from libvob.lava.Demo.java:
>       Sequence seq = new SimpleBreaker(new Box(Vob.Y),
>                                        300, Vob.X);
>       seq.add(new TextVob(string.substring(i, i+1), font));

So, this could be said something like:

nodeview.text = new LineBreakingHandler();

    - now we say that if content has text -> use line breaking.

g.add(new ContentVob(content));

    - size is still issue but I think I get it better after Benja draws
      this new vob system better to my brains.

   -Matti