gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] patch for libvob

From: Jukka Honkela
Subject: Re: [Gzz] patch for libvob
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:57:37 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

>> +PREGCCVER=-3.2
>>
>> +GCCVER=$(shell [ -z "`g++$(PREGCCVER) --version 2>/dev/null`" ] || echo
>> "$(PREGCCVER)")
>
>> +CXX=g++$(GCCVER)

>I don't quite understand what that's doing without unraveling this.
>Could you also add a comment saying what that line actually does?

It's a hack. GCCVER should end up being PREGCCVER if the said
g++$(PREGCCVER) exists, othervise it ends up just being ""
and then we can just hope that the user has a correct default version of
gcc/g++..

>What about g++ -V3.2, would that be better?

perhaps, the whole issue is a bit complicated. One could propose using
autoconf etc but then, it can easily end up being a bigger mess than
these hacks :)

>Should we start using 3.3 now that it has hit debian?

I don't think there is actually an official 3.3 release yet, only
prereleases?

--
Jukka Honkela