gzz-dev

[Gzz] Mouse cursors

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Mouse cursors
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:54:31 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Any ideas how mouse cursors should be implemented? Using awt.Cursor and
default cursor could of course be the easiest on java side, but is there
any way to use it also on GL? I'm not even sure how awt.Cursor should be
used, but it seems that at least awt.Component has a setCursor() method.

Well, if using awt.Cursor on both implementations is not possible, then we
probably need our own cursor interface, which uses awt.Cursor on AWT side
and something else on GL side, but what? AFAIK a image that follows mouse
pointer is not enough, since the should replace the pointer. Probably
there is an easy way to do it in X, but then it probably makes yet another
thing to port (to MacOs or Windows).

Constants for the shapes available in the java.awt.Cursor class:

DEFAULT_CURSOR
CROSSHAIR_CURSOR
TEXT_CURSOR
WAIT_CURSOR