gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG urn5s_as_properties--benja

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG urn5s_as_properties--benja
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:04:16 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

.. are there any issues ?-o

> turned into XML tags by separating them into an XML
> namespace and a local part. For example,

hm ok.

> When properties cannot be split like this, RDF graphs
> using these properties cannot be serialized in RDF/XML.
> Unfortunately, this apparently includes urn-5s:
> The colon can't occur in an XML tag in a namespace,
> and a tag's name cannot start with a digit.

are there possible more serious, i mean graphs that have other kinds of
serializibility issues? if i understood this correctly as a string
encoding thing.

of course, that does not touch this peg which is about urn5s and not
serializing any rdf.

> Even if we decide not to use RDF/XML, it would still
> be *very* bad for interoperability if our graphs couldn't
> be converted to RDF/XML. And we do want user-created

is this so in other areas of Fenfire as well?

>      urn:urn-5:cf7O9Un3XBIVdh3rYqH0us169zo-:_12
>      <ex:_12 xmlns:ex="urn:urn-5:cf7O9Un3XBIVdh3rYqH0us169zo-:"/>
> The urn-5 registration allows for this.

nice(?)

> \- Benja

~Toni