gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Debug outputs.

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Debug outputs.
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 07:33:52 +0300

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:15:41AM +0300, Matti Katila wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's pain to try to switch off all debug msgs because no source is told!

How about PEGging this to be the official line?

> So I propouse we would use something like:
>
> Java:
> public class Foo {
>     private void pa(String s) { System.out.println("Foo:: "+s); }
> }

This is fine with me

> python:
> file: libvob.vob.putil.foo.py
>
> def pa(s):
>     print 'vob.putil.foo:: ',s

Also fine

> C++:
>    << "Class or file name:: " << more dbgs;

This is not good. The difference is: the first two you need
to say it in only one place, in this you'd need to write
it everywhere. I'd rather rewrite the DBG() macro
to use __FILE__, __LINE__...

> Yes, not clean but try to find all output yourself if the only
> msg is 'f: 345, g: 1234' and try to guess where it came from..

No, I think this is a good idea, except for the C++ thing.

        Tuomas