gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: ugly patch in CachedNodeFunction

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Re: ugly patch in CachedNodeFunction
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 06:32:08 +0300

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 01:05:26AM +0300, Matti Katila wrote:

> Dear Tuomas,
>

> How should cached nodes to be made dirty?
> ObsTriggering or something?

Yes. Could you write a test that shows where you had problems?
If something doesn't seem to be working the way it's supposed to,
that should be your *first* reaction.

Are you sure you're obeying the rules in the CachedNodeFunction
javadoc?

You might also have told, in this mail, which function is not working
and how...

>     // AAaarrgghh, tried to find a few hours to how to set nodes dirty
>     // mudyc, XXX
>     public void makeAllDirty(Object node) {

I don't object to having this, in general terms, but I'd prefer

        flush(Object node)

and

        flushAll()

if you don't mind.