gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] FenPDF and scheduling the work

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Gzz] FenPDF and scheduling the work
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:38:59 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Matti Katila wrote:

> - user interface candys
>     - a way to import articles "easily"

importing needs work also wrt Storm that i have thought of doing,
also would like to use FenPDF and of course usable importing would be
nice then .. could use for showing different sets of images in different
VJ gigs.

the current functionality is already enough for VJ use, but i don't have a
portable machine yet where can run it so am not aiming for the gig next
Friday .. but a big one in the end of August, instead. will try using
FenPDF for making videos at the studio before that, hopefully this month.

what is the way of doing screen caps currently btw? i hope not s-video out
:o (which is the case with e.g. Pixelshox atm, perhaps with Blender
(i mean the real-time part, game engine) too?).

> - more?
>     - [anyone who will implement it :)]

at some point, i'll be needing video textures, and have understood that
they shouldn't be too much of a problem (from Tuomas).

i guess/hope nothing in FenPDF prevents using video textures if they
work otherwise (with libvob). feel free to inform about the reality :)
of course there will be performance issues due to problems with caching
etc. but is there someting more principal too?

obviously the video data will not be PDF, but aren't the PDFs currently
just a source from which image textures are imported, and there's not much
PDF specific in FenPDF actually? ('not much' meaning that there's a little
e.g. dealing with A4-like pages).

but this video part is not urgent for me, and quite irrelevant to you, so
it should not affect scheduling at this point.

so the point is: i wouldn't mind nice importing :)
Storm-like 'make import' is quite fine and might already exist..?

>    -Matti

~Toni