gzz-dev

[Gzz] Nörttiseminaari '03 -feedback

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Nörttiseminaari '03 -feedback
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:57:10 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Nörttiseminaari turned to be almost Fenfire -seminar, since 1/3 of
presentations were ours :) Trying to write down some points/questions that
came out (as far as I still remember).

A Fenfire Info was requested. As we are doing interesting stuff, people
would like to hear how are we going :) Our webpages are not attractive and
informative enough. Has Tuomas had any GZZ/Fenfire lecture this year at
JYU? Could we build up something in the next autumn? AFAIK, we have enough
subprojects to fill almost a Fenfire day from them. And, btw, new "User
Friendly Information Technology" students have been chosen and they'll
have graduating/Master's Thesis info in the autumn. Close to that could be
a good time...

Textures
 - how should "red-green-blind" people be taken care of
   * dropping of all "bad" textures
   * extra question to Paperbot-Similarity-test
 - can't vers
 - generation to work also without special GPU
 - "I dislike all backgrounds", I guess, there should be possibility
   to fade textures off when just reading paper once-over

LEGO controllers
 - seemed to be the most interesting part of the project currently :)
 - somebody had bought LEGOs from Finland's importer in Kilo
   in his childhood, does that 'wholesale' still exists?

Navidoc
 - the audience was a bit skeptic about describing
   diagrams textually
 - does UML langue base on something else than just intuition?
 - does there exist already standardized textual UML description?
 - else than XML based?
 - could Javadoc be expanded to convert diagrams embedded to
   javadoc, probably some package specific diagrams could be
   reasonable to embed within javadoc, makes also linking via
   diagrams work without design documentation
 - I really should use Rational Rose to be able say how it differs...

Hmm.. I and jvk seem to dislike the new multifocus buoyoing. I feel it
messy/confusing. I can't even compare it to the two window GZZ client,
since in GZZ the structure was easier to perceive as single space. Does it
also have two nadir coordinates? Jvk noted that mouse's wheel works in
intuitively wrong direction.

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>