gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Nörttiseminaari '03 -feedback

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Nörttiseminaari '03 -feedback
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:16:44 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Asko Soukka wrote:
> Textures
>  - "I dislike all backgrounds", I guess, there should be possibility
>    to fade textures off when just reading paper once-over

This is just implementation issue because you can just turn the
texture off. This would be good also if you like to present something to
many people like bigger seminars, when black on white or white on
black would be best.

> LEGO controllers
>  - seemed to be the most interesting part of the project currently :)

Hey, those were nerds ;)

> Hmm.. I and jvk seem to dislike the new multifocus buoyoing.

I'm not either very convincing of the multifocus. You also need to
remember that buoyoings are not ready yet. One of the reasons for
multifocus was overlapping buoys. They already overlap inside one
system but with two focus atleast I can't see more overlappines of buoys
because of geometry bugs.

Other cons:

   - Buoyoing is not developed for two main nodes, i.e. link can't go to
     other main node even it should if it's the natural fragment of link
     'end'.
       - this can be solved with redesign of course.

   - linking to left-rigth would be more natural to make if the main
     nodes are next to other in horizontal direction.
       - see previous

   - Browsing doesn't really need two focus
       - link targets can be shown with fragment in some corner or such.

   - When building the graph how often you really need two focus an for
     what?

Ok, there have been some discussion of the FenPDF vision but

> I feel it messy/confusing.

can't be used as a very constructive discussion here. Yes, it's a good
start - something need to be done. I propose that because we should
ourselves use it also everyone's word must be heard and also everyone's
should say his word because otherwise it's not our but one to three
developers product. It's the one that combines all pieces.

> I can't even compare it to the two window GZZ client,
> since in GZZ the structure was easier to perceive as single space.

You saw more context and that made it easier to adapt.
Linear list is also easier as a structure.

> Does it also have two nadir coordinates?

It hasn't.

> Jvk noted that mouse's wheel works in intuitively wrong direction.

Why do people stick to issues what are definitely not very important or
just an opinion?-)

    -Matti