gzz-dev

[Gzz] LEGO controllers for VJ?

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] LEGO controllers for VJ?
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:22:21 +0300

Toni,

I was accidentally thinking about the use of LEGO controllers... What do you
think, would you find any use for them in your VJ business? While editing
videos beforehand? Or while mixing things on site? Probably you already have
a video mixer, but if you do any mixing live, using LEGO controllers would
be cool :)

How about, for example, that controller with two levers and one horizontal
wheel. I could imagine, that levers could be used i.e. to modify transitions
between video channels or value of any effect (slide control). The
horizontal wheel could be used to browse frames/effects/channels back and
forth (jog wheel).

Well, programming an controller based on additional USB-mouse to work with
proprietary programs could be a problem :/

Any ideas?

-Asko