gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Reformatting (reST) PEG available_overlays--hemppah

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Reformatting (reST) PEG available_overlays--hemppah
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:17:48 +0300 (EEST)

22 Jul 2003, Hermanni Hyytiälä wrote:
> text right from the beginning of a writing process, or is it possible
> first to focus on a content and only then to formatting of a content in
> order to get all documents compiled correctly?

Oh, you've got a point here.

There exist some fatal misformattings, which breaks Docutils process and
result no a compiled document (e.g. html). Currently also Navidoc reacts
to these with exiting.

Some solutions:

1) Navidoc could be altered to continue processing the compilation queue
   till end, even if there were reST documents, which did not compile.

   Do we want this behavior overally more than the current?

2) Drafts could be saved without without the ".rst" postfix. Their
   compilation could still be tested with direct compilation:

   make naviloop RST="doc/pegboard/foo--bar/peg.draft"

   But they won't be compiled with undirect compilation:

   make naviloop RST="doc/pegboard/foo--bar/"

   Drafts under pegboard directories will also be shown on
   the pegboard as files of the pegs.

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>