h-client-devel

Re: [H-client-devel] [H-source-users] h-client maintenance

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: [H-client-devel] [H-source-users] h-client maintenance
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 10:46:10 -0400

Hi Bill,

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> writes:

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 11:03:35 +1000 Yuchen wrote:
>> Hi bill-auger,
>>
>> Feel free to send a request to Antonio / Ian / the FSF / the Savannah
>> Hackers to become an admin for the h-client Savannah project.  Once you
>> become an admin, I will change my role in that project from an admin to
>> a non-admin member.
>>
>> Best,
>> Yuchen
>
> as an admin, you should be able to change my role - if not, that
> only underlines savannah's deficiencies, WRT features that people
> generally expect from a forge - its the reason why i would
> rather not use savannah

For all the warts that Savannah has, it's run by GNU, which means we
have control over it, and is aligned with GNU ideals, such as not
requiring any nonfree JavaScript to be used.  I think at this stage in
the project we should stick to it to avoid more confusion (remember, the
reason I went on and created that 2nd python3 fork was because browsing
the project pages/repo I couldn't find any mention of Python 3
anywhere).  Can we agree to use Savannah for now?

Thanks,

Maxim