h5md-user

[h5md-user] New commits, "id" and rc

From: Pierre de Buyl
Subject: [h5md-user] New commits, "id" and rc
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:32:48 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to know wether there are remarks on my recents commits.

H5MD has stabilized since some time and is in a very usable state. I've cleaned
a bit the draft.

I'd like to release a "0.1" version of H5MD. As a first step, I'd like to tag
the current (modulo "id", see below) version as 0.1-rc1.

Before that, I think that the "id" information should be included. Defining it
already seems a way to future proof a building block that matters in the case of
spatial sorting of particles, including parallel coding.

"id" would be included in a similar way to "position": in the "trajectory"
group, and of shape [var,N] where var is the time stepping and N the number of
particles.

Comments and input welcome :-)

Best,

Pierre

PS: despite the low activity on the list, I believe that at least Felix, Peter
and me are still using the file format for our software, which gives sense to
agree on a release.