h5md-user

[h5md-user] The first H5MD modules: "particles" and "observables"

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: [h5md-user] The first H5MD modules: "particles" and "observables"
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:38:40 +0200

Hi all,

Now that we have modules defined in the spec, I suggest to take this concept seriously and to promote the sections on "particles" and "observables" as definitions of modules.

These modules will already be part of the H5MD spec v1.0, others may be added later (updating the version of the spec but not of the H5MD format itself). The structure of the file would not be changed, just the way it is presented.

The core specification will then mainly specify the metadata and the storage of time-independent and time-dependent data and introduce the concept of a "data group". Further it contains the box specification (but does not say where to put it, this is left to each module).

For the fate of the parameters group, I have no strong opinion. I could become a module as well or stay next to h5md as it is.

What do you think?

Felix