Re: [Health-dev] Accuracy in lab test criteria value

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Accuracy in lab test criteria value
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:23:21 +0100

On 06/11/13 09:01 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hello Cedric
> >> We can use high precision representation using fields.Numeric,
> >> you can specify the number of decimals to be shown.
> >
> > No Numeric fields doesn't increase the representation precision.
> > Both Numeric and Float has the digits parameter that define the
> > precision. You have to use Numeric only when float computation is
> > not right.
> Thanks for the clarification !
>
> My interpretation from Erika's mail, is that the analyte result is
> already computed and is given as a number, with n decimals (there is
> no computation). She wants to make sure there is no rounding in the
> decimals needed.
> So, in this case, we should use the current Fields.Float that we have
> for the result, and specify the decimal precision.
>
> My main concern with this though is the initial comment. We don't want
> to clutter the result with extra digits that can actually lead to
> misinterpretation from the (human) reader.

So you would like to strip the non-significant digits.
There is no such option in Python formatting [1] but it could probably
be an option in the tryton client. The default behavior is good because
it allows correct alignment of numbers when stripping non-significant
will break the alignment.

[1] http://docs.python.org/2/library/string.html#formatspec

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL