Re: [Health-dev] FHIR python library

From: alvin . marcelo
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] FHIR python library
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:44:25 +0800

‎Ah this makes sense. Then GNU Health complies with the WHO DSD for aggregation
right? This means all the edge systems running GNU health, submit to the master
and the master does the aggregation as prescribed by the WHO indicator...

For those in the list here is a background:

The WHO has an Indicator and Measurement Registry. It is a collection of xml
schemas for aggregate reporting. One entry for example is on number of maternal
deaths per 100000 (MDG5). This is released as a global indicator. This dsd is
them extended by the regional offices and later by ministries of health. The
idea is: if an emr in a country aggregates their data according to their
country dsd (inherited from the regional dsd) then they can aggregate to the
region. And if the region gets aggregated data (compliant to the global dsd)
then they can aggregate to global requirements.

The missing link is the country dsd. If GNU Health Master can simply inherit
the regional dsd then it can do the gargantuan task of getting data from the
gnu health instances (via fhir) and do the aggregation as required by the
regional.dsd...

I hope this makes sense. I'll be happy to get questions about this
methodology..or hear other solutions...

Alvin

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.